Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Paul Silas, the story of my little life... (so far)

This is an old blog that I never published. I wrote it March 10. Silas was one week old. Since I am back blogging, here is the story of the day Silas was born...

Completion. That's the only word to accurately describe how I feel today and how I felt last Sunday around 4:19pm.

I was home on bedrest, the norm for me. It was Craig's birthday and he was celebrating by serving me all day, lol! In fact, when I woke him up I said "Happy Birthday babe! Sorry it's so crappy!"

I woke up feeling like I needed to rest. I was contracting but they weren't painful and there was not pattern. I really wasn't concerned until around 2pm when they started to last a little longer and come a little more frequently. Still no major pain. I didn't need to breathe through them so I didn't panic and they were still pretty spaced out. I did call my doctor just to ask advice. She said to go in, just to be safe. I was scheduled for a c-section and she did not want me laboring long and risking a possible uterine rupture since my c-section scar is only 15 months old. So Craig came in and we talked and very reluctantly decided to obey the doctor. I was frustrated and did not want to go back to hospital only to sit and be observed. I tried to take a nap to just see if it would go away.

It did not. I told Craig we should probably go soon, just in case I was in labor. I wanted to get there in time to either stop it or get the c-section. My dad had just left the house to take Trent to church so I called Bonnie and she came over right away to keep Isaac.

Bonnie wasn't in our house 5 minutes when she looked at me and said "your contractions are 2 minutes apart, you need to go now!" That put a little pep in our step and we grabbed our bag and took off. At this point I am not speaking. I am just trying to breathe and not cry. As soon as we pulled out of our neighborhood I knew. I just knew I was having a baby and soon. I really did think I wouldn't make it to labor & delivery. I barely did...

Very quickly I was told the plan that we had signed for was no longer going to happen. Paul Silas decided to show up at 4:19. I hadn't even been admitted into the hospital yet. I had no IV, so no drugs, no epidural, and not much time to get to the OR. The next 5 minutes were a blur. The pain was like nothing I could even attempt to describe or compare it to, really. I kept saying I couldn't do this and Craig was a rock star. He so calmly and quickly reminded that I could, it was almost over and it was this sentence that helped me get through the delivery, "Baby, you can do this! This is exactly what you wanted, this is exactly what you prayed for!"

(Oh...that's right! I did!!! Throughout my pregnancy I did not have peace about having a c-section, I knew it was the safest option for me and baby but I just did not have peace. I also did not have confirmation that I would carry full term so my specific pray was that the Lord would literally give me a fast labor, so fast that I wouldn't have time for meds or a c-section! Can you believe that the Lord blessed with EXACLTY what I prayed for and then I was crying against it in the moment?!)

Well, the second I saw that sweet boy, all pain disappeared completely. It did. We are all so in love and so blessed that although he was nearly 7 weeks early, he is extremely healthy and will be home with us in no time!

There it is, the story of my last labor! I went out with a bang! 

Thank you Lord for once again answering my hearts cry, you are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment