Sunday, November 13, 2011

36 weeks :)

So, I have been off of bed rest for 1 week today! This week, I enjoyed cleaning the house, taking care of my children again, cooking a few meals, taking Maggie to preschool, and today I got up and went to church!! I haven't been to church in nearly 3 months, so you can imagine the reactions I received, ha!! Most of my friends at church have never seen me this pregnant, or this big. Usually I deliver before I swell, or outgrown maternity clothes, ha! It was awesome, the highlight of my week was for sure going to church again and being able to worship with my church family and sit and listen to our pastor preach very passionately on the end times, what a perfect Sunday to come back!

This has been the busiest week of my life, I am shocked this baby has stayed put!

My parents came into town with my grandparents on Tuesday. They were traveling to Florida so stopped in on their way down and stayed overnight. I LOVE my grandparents, love em!! We have a great time listening to stories,  and watching my grandma play the piano like a pro still!! Maggie LOVES grandma and I will say she loves my grandpa too, but he likes to scare her so she was not a big fan this time, ha! Izzie, however, LOVED grandpa!! She loved to talk to him and call him silly names like peanut butter!

Did I mention that my dad is back from Iraq and we finally got to see him too!! Maggie and Izzie were a little possessive of him, which I knew they would be! It was sooo nice to see my parents together again, even if it was for not even 24 hours, but they are coming back for the baby's birth, I hope! Right now they are spending the week with my brother's family in Georgia and praying this baby stays put through this week. Time will tell...

On Wednesday my sisters surprised me and came to my house on Wednesday night so they could help me out for the weekend. Little did I also know that my dear friend from way back in middle school also surprised me and came down for the weekend. I promised, I have not laughed that much in a long time!! I needed that time with my girls, we had a blast!! I am pretty sure they were all hoping little Isaac would make an appearance this weekend, but nope! He is holding on strong!

Thursday I had another ultrasound and Isaac looked great!! He is a big boy, ready any day and looking like he will be a strong healthy boy! God's protection over me and this baby throughout this pregnancy still overwhelms me when I sit and think about the past 9 months. How could you ever doubt God's abilities when you see my odds!!

Also this weekend I had a celebration luncheon to celebrate this full term baby!! It was so nice to sit and hang out with my dear friends and sisters and stuff ourselves full with appetizers and cheesecake. Now I am ready to have this baby!

Saturday we celebrated my son Trent's birthday! I cannot believe that he is 13, where oh where did the time go?! I may be ready for a newborn, but I am not ready for the teen years, that's a fact!

Whew! Today, we went to church, I came home and crashed!!

With all this activity, you would think this baby would be out by now, but nope! My only issues after a week full of activity would be my poor puffy hands and feet. They are sad, really sad. I had to buy new shoes for my cankles and that made me very sad. Everyone tells me that the swelling goes away when I deliver the baby, lets hope so! I have also been having a few crazy episodes where I start to sweat, shake and feel like I will pass out. It lasts about 10 minutes and then I am okay. I mentioned it to the doc and she said BP, pulse, and sugars look good so maybe at times the baby is sitting on a nerve that causes those symptoms. It is not my sciatica nerve, I know that.

36 weeks, I am carrying a nearly full term big boy! He weighs around 6 pounds and still has 4 weeks to grow. I am tempted to tell my prayers warriors to take it easy on the "full term" prayers, ha!!

Thanks for the prayers, every single one of them! They have carried me through times when I don't want to pray, when I am tired, grouchy and want to give up on bed rest. I know I am protected, covered in God's healing hands and I am confident in His abilities and only pray that through this others will see God and only God. Yes, I have been on bed rest, I am taking a lot more supplements, and seeing a chiropractor, but God lead me to those decisions. He convicted me to take bed rest seriously and sacrifice this time for His child and I did. He provided amazing help for me and my family at the right time and I am so thankful for how God has provided for us.

I cannot wait to hold this little (big) miracle in my arms, welcome him into our home, and raise him to love the Lord that kept him safe in my womb for 36 weeks (and counting)!


2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I LOVE reading this post! One week OFF of bedrest and still going strong! I love it! God is really shining through this pregnancy, that's for sure! Glad you had such a wonderful week with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might as well put away all those preemie clothes...and possibly those newborn ones too =)!!

    ReplyDelete