Sunday, November 6, 2011

I've Never...

I've never been 35 weeks, until today!!

I've never had time to be scared of labor and delivery, until today!!

I've never had time to think "is this a normal pain, or is it labor?", until today!!

I've never grown OUT of my maternity clothes, until today!!

I've never felt such a strong baby kicking my insides, until today!!

I've never been so tired, until today!!

I've never known what it was like to go into labor and know that my baby is going to be okay, until today!!

Until today, I have always feared for the worst, prayed for the best, and just wondered what it would be liked to be heavy, full term, and desperate to deliver this baby! I am not even technically full term for another 2 weeks, but to me, this is full term. To my doctors, I am full term!

My appointment on Thursday went great! I love my practice, every week I show up pregnant they are sooo thrilled to see me! We had fun guessing when I would deliver, how big the baby would be, and how much of a miracle it is to see that I am still pregnant! My doctor's guess is this...
Born: November 17/18
Weight: 6 - 6 1/2 pounds
Length: 19/20 inches

I can't wait to see if that is true! In the meantime, since I have gone this far, I have had a ton of requests. Let's see, my mother is in panic mode and is begging me not to go into labor until November 20. That is the soonest she can get here. My sisters are coming to visit me next weekend and would LOVE if I went into labor while they were here. My son thinks it would be really cool to deliver on his birthday, November 13. My Macey is
 going to Florida for a Taylor Swift concert and is requesting that I hold out until she comes home around the 14/15th. My husband has in his head that I will have the baby on November 26. My dear friends are leaving for Uganda for their adoption on November 22 and would love to see this baby before they leave. My other dear friends are coming home from Uganda with their new little girl around November 20 and would love to see me still pregnant!

I love it! I love that I have come far enough that I can even hear these requests. Just so everyone of you know, I have told little Sully each request, he is considering each one carefully, but so far is happy where he is. I am happy where he is and would love to see how much farther I can go! Who knows, maybe I will actually go into labor when he is full term! Maybe I will be like all the other miserable 40 weekers out there trying to pay off their OBGYN to get this baby out! Only the Lord knows, and I can't wait to see when that date will be!

In the meantime, I will be praying more specifically as fear is setting in! I am praying for a healthy baby, a fast labor, a drama free labor, a sweet "little" baby, and a daytime delivery! I have always gone into labor in the middle of the night and this time, I want my family here with us, to celebrate! I want my children with me loving on their new sibling. So, I am praying specifically for my desires. The Lord has carried me so far and I can see Him smiling so big, even as I write this. He just thinks its so great to give us our hearts desires! I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that delights to please us! It's like watching our children open a gift that they have begged for and seeing the joy in their eyes as they realize they got just what they asked for!

Oh, 1 more "I've never"

I've never been so confident in the Lord and I never want to be at a place of doubting Him again. He is able!
1 Samuel 1:27-28
27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I am happy for you and your family. I bet it will feel like you have 3 month old when your baby boy is born!

    ReplyDelete